Saturday 27 August 2011

desi girls in UK pics, Scholarships For Women Over 40 - Do They Exist?




Scholarships For Women Over 40 - Do They Exist?

The question is are do scholarships for women over 40 exist, not do women over 40 exist...ha ha ha.
Yes there are scholarships for women over 40.
One of the scariest things I've done in my life is go back to college. I didn't have enough money to pay for college and still had to provide for my kids. So yeah I was pretty scared.
I have been able to pay for most of my schooling with the help of grants and scholarships. I get pretty good grades now but when I started, my record was not good. So getting any sort of academic scholarship was out of the question. So I looked elsewhere.
There are actually a ton of scholarships given out each year with almost no special requirements. Burger King gives away many many $1000 scholarships to High School Juniors every year. So yeah there are lots of opportunities.
The key is knowing where to find them.
When I started out I simply went to the internet and started searching and found enough information to get started. FAFSA is a government website that lists all kinds of government grants and scholarships and is a great place to start. Most of my scholarship money has come from corporate scholarships such as the Burger King Scholarship I mentioned above. Discover Card is another one that gives away multiple generous scholarships every year. In fact various corporations are responsible for awarding hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarship money every year.
If you are currently employed, contact your human resource department and find out if they offer any sort of college assistance program. In fact, employers are another huge contributor of college assistance and should not be over looked.
Let me share something else with you...
There are literally Hundreds of Easy Scholarships and grant programs available that are like getting Free Money!
I am constantly searching high and low for this kind of information and have found one site where you can get all the Scholarship and Grant information you need in one place.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3368437


No comments:

Post a Comment